6.13.2012

Writing Lines

My students cheat relentlessly. I hate it. The other week we were playing Telephone in my pronunciation class. I tell the students a sentence, they need to tell the next student and so on and so on. The last student will tell me what they heard to see if their team speaks clearly. They were in teams of 6. I told them they could NOT talk. I Told them 7 times not to talk.

We played a few times and my students were obeying me well, they were not talking or cheating. The last one was a little more difficult. I turn around and see my first student telling the last student what I had told him. I marched over to them to ask what they were doing? Their guilty faces gave them away. I was thinking, this is a stupid little game, why do you need to cheat for a game? If you cheat on a little game that doesn't matter, of course your'e going to cheat on real things.

Their punishment for cheating: writing lines. They both had to write 30 times, "I will not cheat and tell my friend the answer in Teacher Christa's class." One student asked if he could type it. How dumb does he think I am? They did their homework/punishment. I think this might be my new favorite punishment for students who cheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment