6.27.2012

Tong Dao

Tong Dao is a student of mine. She is also a famous singer. The other day as I was eating lunch with the teachers, one of them showed me a CD with a 7 singers on the package. I didn't know what she was doing. She pointed to one of the girls and told me it was Phonsavahn, one of my students. I did not recognize her. But when looking closely, I could see she was in fact my student. Her real name is Phonsavahn, but her stage name is Tong Dao.

It was some American Idol type thing in Laos. And she won! So now she has a CD contract. When I mentioned that I had seen the CD to her the next day, she told me she would get me a CD soon. She was out of them now, but her producer (!) would give her some soon and she will give it to me.

This student is very studious, hard working, kinda shy and kinda serious and the last of my students who I would ever expect to be a singer. I was completely surprised!

So I don't know how well known she actually is, but she has a CD! :) And I asked some other students and they said they did know who she is.

I haven't been able to listen to the CD - it doesn't work in my computer. So I'll try again or ask for a new one. But I have a famous student!


No comments:

Post a Comment