6.20.2012

Spider Webs

I have walked into many more spider webs here than in all of my 22 years living in the States. Almost every web that I walk into gets stuck on my face. I think there may be two reasons.

1 - There are more spiders here than there are in the States. (This is probably not true, but I think most of the US would agree with this untrue statement. Although there probably are more big scary spiders here than in the States.)

2 - I am a head taller than 97% of the Lao population. In the States enough tall people walk around and clear the spider webs for me - so I only occasionally walk through them because everyone who is of my height or taller is taking their turn to clear the spider webs with their faces. But here, only 3 % of the population is available/tall enough to clear the spider webs that are more than 5'2" above the ground. And I am in that 3%. :(

The worst place where I always get spider webs in my hair is in the bathroom at school. Gross. It's a squatty potty and EVERY time that I stand up my hair is caught in a tangle of spider webs. This has happened countless times, and I have slowly learned my lesson. I try not to stand up completely because I hate the nastiness of spider webs in the hair, but it doesn't work. They always find my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment