5.05.2012

Hot

It is hot here! I sometimes hear people complaining of being lazy cuz of the hot weather or not feeling well because of the oppressive heat. I always thought, oh suck it up and quit complaining, it's not that bad. Actually, it is that bad.

Last year our hot season was unreasonably cool. I think this year our hot season is unreasonably hot. This week it is supposed to be 40 C. Which is the same as 104 F. I heard that earlier it was 116 F with the heat index. And it sure feels like it. :P

One of the worst things is walking ten minutes to my classroom and arriving with sweat dripping down my face. I try to walk as slowly as the Lao people do, but somehow I keep ending up passing them left and right. I also use an umbrella when I walk anywhere outside now. They always think it's because I'm afraid of dark skin. Actually I'm afraid of sweating. But the umbrella only helps so much.

I have AC in my bedroom, which is on now as I'm typing this and doing lesson planning at 2:00 in the afternoon.

And it makes me sad how wonderful cold showers feel. They are so refreshing. But it should not be that hot in the house that cold showers feel that good.

Rainy season is beginning. I love the rain! It takes the humidity out of the air. Keep coming rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment