5.10.2012

Coffee

I love coffee. I love coffee shops. I love any excuse to go to a coffee shop. Lao people don't really like coffee and it just isn't in their culture to go to coffee shops. So I never go to coffee shops with Lao friends. There is a new coffee shop out by Dong Dok. The other night I was at my friends' apartment. They brought up the new coffee shop that they had seen. We started talking about coffee and I was telling them how delicious it is and how it's different than Lao coffee. They had never had a latte or a cappuccino or anything, so we decided they should try some.

Lattes are my personal favorite, but I told them they might like cappuccinos because they are sweeter. They all got cappuccinos and they liked them (honestly, I think)! The coffee shop is run by Koreans. So we also tried some Korean food - I think kimbabchi and something else. One was a sushi thing and the other was Korean Ramen noodle soup. Lao people eat Ramen noodle soup all the time. I think Korean noodle soup is better than Lao noodle soup. I think my friends liked the Korean food more than the coffee. . . but maybe we can come back again soon to drink coffee together! I was happy to go with them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment