10.23.2011

My Dog: Bebee

We have a dog. I never thought I would have a pet, but we do. And now, it's actually really cute because it is a puppy! But soon enough it will be a dog. :( We have decided not to let Bebee have too much interaction with our other dog neighbors - we do not want Lao dog behaviors to rub off on Bebee. (I think we are the only house in our whole neighborhood, besides Kenton, the other foreigner, who doesn't have a dog or two or six.) Hopefully he can stay a nice dog. Well, kind of nice - we want him to be mean enough to scare away the bad guys. Which is why we got the dog. . .

Friday I rode the bus for 9 hours to go to Savhannakhet with my student. At about 5 in the afternoon Julia called and told me that someone stole our computers. She had been in Sonexay's room (on the main floor right by our living room which is where our computers were) with Sonexay, sitting and talking. The gate and the front door were shut, not locked, but shut. Many times we leave our front door open if we're home and sometimes even the gate. So they were in Sone's room right by the living room and didn't hear anything. They came out a while later and mine and Julia's computers were gone. :(

We don't really know how it could have happened, we always hear the gate open. And Sone has a window thing between her room and the living room. He didn't take our cords or Julia's nice camera or wallet that were sitting on the couches too. We don't understand and we're kinda upset, but oh well I guess.

We've heard that it might be a recycling guy - someone who comes around collecting plastics to recycle. It would be really wierd if he came in our house though. . . So, we don't know. One of our teammates had a computer stolen a few years ago too. And he got his back when the person sold it to a computer shop in his neighborhood. So, we're hopeful we can find ours back too! Or else I'll have to get a new one. :( :(

But tonight I'm pretty happy with Bebee. He's kinda whiney right now, but I spose he prolly misses his mom and siblings. Even though he lives at my house I will not be the one feeding him or walking him or anything else really to take care of him. I am happy that he will eat left over people food and I've never seen a Lao person walking a dog, so they are a little easier to take care of though. I'll put up a picture of her sometime, but don't ever let me go on and on talking about how cute or fun or great she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment