10.19.2011

Millionaire

The other day I was on my way to the hospital to visit my friends' friend's brother who was in a motorbike accident and had a broken leg. On the way one of my students, Seeva, called and asked if he could come to my house. My friend, who was riding on the back of my bike, talked to him and told him we were going to the hospital.

We were at the hospital visiting the brother and my students were telling me that Seeva had a $1,000 dollar bill and he wanted to know if it was real. I was sorry to burst his bubble but told them that we only have hundred dollar bills, so it was not real. They weren't sure if I understood or was telling the truth, so Seeva had to come to the hospital to show me the bill.

Seeva and his friend looked carefully around for people who might want to run off with a thousand dollar bill, he dug deep into his backpack and pulled out a folder. Inside the folder was a book with the bill tucked inside. He showed me a million American dollar bill. I laughed when I saw it. I had to tell him almost a million times that it is not real. I do not have a million dollars, my parents don't even have a million dollars. It is too much money! They were a little sad to lose so much money.

1 comment: