10.19.2011

Flirty Foreigner

Today I ate lunch with with some Lao friends after class. After lunch we were walking back to my office and we walked beside the classrooms where I teach. Some of my students were in the classroom so I smiled and waved at them.

My friend said that next time I should smile and blow a kiss. It was during lunch hour so there weren't many students around and they weren't having class, so as we walked past the next classroom, I tried smiling and blowing a kiss, thinking there wouldn't be many students inside. The room was full of monks. (Monks are celibate and not even supposed to give or take things from women.) I apologized many times but they probably think I'm a very disrespectful foreigner. :S We had a good laugh about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment