4.17.2011

More Bi Mai Lao

After coming back from Khammouan, we went to Dong Dok's (my school) party. Bi Mai is hard to explain. The best way I can think of is a nation-wide water fight. Everyone is throwing water, pouring water, spraying with squirt guns or using the hose. 
 Khampor, my teacher friend, and I at Dong Dok's party. We are dancing and we are wet.
 At a restaurant in Vang Viang with Yui. We went tubing down the river and kayaking down the river.
 At Vieng Phone's (my old student/friend). We went to the beach of the river near her house. We are in the water/swimming with our clothes on. The weather is hot, so being wet is nice!
 Eating fried grasshoppers and crickets. They taste like anything else that is fried - just greasy.
 It's time to harvest the rice! When I went to Vieng Phone's house in January, they planted the rice, and now it's time to harvest. It was hot. I was happy to sit in the shade with her baby sister and cousin.
Riding in the wagon behind the plow on the way back from the farm.

It's fun to see VP's family and friends, but I am so thankful for my fans, running water, washing machine, and comfy couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment