12.11.2012

Helmets III

So I paid my 250,000 kip and left the office.

Ty and Hong go to find the guy to unlock my bike. He is nowhere to be found. Some other police guys call him but he doesn't answer and doesn't come. He musta been really tired and was taking a long nap. He arrived a little after 3 but he couldn't find the key either. After a little more looking they found it and unlocked my bike.

I'm usually pretty easy going or at least good at hiding my feelings at the appropriate times. While sitting at the police station I was not so good at hiding my anger and frustration. Ty and Hong kept trying to tell me how fun it was and how lucky I was to be able to see the police station in LPB - I hadn't ever seen it in Vientiane. They tried hard to cheer me up. Even though it didn't work very well at the time, I now have a good story to tell. 



Moral of the story - wear your helmet - even when it's a bad one. :P

So after losing lots of money and lots of time, we were on the road headed for the waterfall at 3:30. And it was beautiful. The road there was also gorgeous.



 These are Lao swimsuits - normal clothes.

We jumped off of part of the fall into the water.


Even though it was a pretty frustrating day, it was still good and our whole trip was lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I think Americans caught doing what you did or didn't do, would gladly pay those fines. They weren't as high as they would be here. It looks like it ended well enough.

    ReplyDelete