10.25.2012

Waterfall and Pictures

When I went to Hong's hometown, we did lots of fun stuff. The most fun thing was going to a waterfall. Many times when Lao people say a waterfall, what they really mean is a little river going over some rocks - more like rapids than a waterfall. So I was not surprised when we arrived at a little river and some rocks. But as we walked on and on and on, we came to an actual waterfall!

We went with Hong and her brother and his friends and Hong's cousins or neighbors or someones.
 They were all scared of the the sun and getting dark skin, but I was soaking it all up!
 Here it is!
 Fishing. We brought duck along, but I guess they wanted to eat some fish too. They only caught 3 inch long teeny fish. But we grilled them up!

 Resting

  Climbing up the falls. I thought it was dangerous when I saw the other guy do it first, but no one fell down the falls.


 Washing our hair in the water

 The drive back home through beautiful trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment