3.24.2011

Jane is here!

Jane is here! We have internet! I love my new house! I love my neighbors! Our landlady is so sweet and kind and helpful! Our students can so easily come to our house now and we can so easily go to them! I love living in Laos!!!
 Jane joined the teachers for lunch today. A couple of times a week, I eat lunch with the Lao English teachers in our department. We put all our food on the table (like a pot luck) and dig in! We always eat standing up. Jane thought it was a little weird that we all eat out of the same bowls... I guess I had forgotten that we don't eat like that in America. She liked the food though! I buy my food from the market. And we always eat sticky rice, which is delicious!!
 Our two adorable neighbor boys!!  Thia is 6 and Beh is 8. We have given them lots of candy... hopefully we don't rot their little teeth! We also bought a soccer ball for them to play with. Their family is kinda poor, so sometimes it's kinda hard to know how much to feed them and such...but they're stinking cute! And most of the time we actually understand what we're saying to each other! :)
 These are some of my students from last semester who I do not teach anymore. Who I guess are now my friends. The two girls in the front are my favorites! :) I have so much fun with them!!
 More random pictures of our house. This is our bathroom. One side for the shower. One side for the toilet.
 Our shower. We use the shower, not the big bucket. It's a big shower! The only problem is that the walls do not go up to the ceiling. There is a 2 foot gap of nothing between the top of the wall and the ceiling. So we can hear anything in the house no matter where we are!
The toilet and sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment