3.04.2011

Ice Cream Sandwiches

It is so great to be back in Laos! It was wonderful to see friends, students and teachers again. We started teaching the second semester this week. I have a different class from last semester. At first I was pretty sad that I couldn't be teaching that same class again. But towards the end of the semester they were inviting me to almost all of their little get togethers/hang outs with each other. They like to go to someone's house, cook and eat, sit and talk, sing and dance, and eat and talk. And take pictures. And since coming back from Thailand, we've jumped right in to visiting people's houses again. So I think it actually worked out better that I'm not their teacher this semester. This way, it's easier to be their friend and not their teacher and friend. 
 One of the hundreds of pictures they have taken on my camera!
 This is at a student's grandma's funeral. The boy with his head shaved is the one whose grandma died. You probably can't see very well, but they are eating ice cream sandwiches. But this ice cream sandwich consists of two pieces of bread with a few small scoops of ice cream in the middle.  : )  I was informed that this is not a normal Lao way to eat ice cream. . . It wasn't as gross as it probably sounds, but I think I prefer my American ice cream sandwiches.
Two of my old students!

No comments:

Post a Comment