8.03.2013

A New Year

So I decided that I should write on here again . . . I'm afraid to write again because if I start now again I feel like I'll have to continue writing regularly. When I hadn't written for 6 months, I feel like I don't really need to anymore. But I'll write something now and see if I keep it up this year!

This is the beginning of my fourth year in Laos! I never thought I would still be here, but I am and I love it most of the time. 

I'm currently in Phnom Phen helping new teachers get their TESOL certificate. I'll be here for about a month and then head to Laos. I'm also moving to a new city this year - Savannakhet or Savan for short. So there will be some new adventures in a new city and at a new school!

I have a few more responsibilities this year as team leader. I'm excited for it, but also a little worried. We've been going over expectations and such for this year this past week; and while it's good, it also reminds me of what being a leader means. Being a leader means being a servant. As a sinner, I'm a pretty selfish person - I like to do things my way on my time. But that isn't usually the most loving way of doing things. And I wanna love people more than I wanna be selfish, I just don't always do it like I want to. 

But I also know that JC works best through our weaknesses. I don't need to try to be nice and kind and patient, I just need to rest in him and rely on his strength. In him, I can be the best, most servant like leader ever! - by relying on JC's power and not mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you started your blog again! I check it every day! We are keeping you in our prayers as you start this "new" experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Happy to have come across your post again Christa :) And excited to hear you're back at it for another year with new added blessings!!! Praying the new role will walk out Christ all the more as He works through you. Blessings, Beth Judd

    ReplyDelete