7.08.2012

Going Home

I'm leaving soon! :) And am pumped to see family, friends and nephews! :) :) And have air conditioning. And be clean and drive in comfortable cars. And go to my cousin's wedding and jet skiing and going to the beach and Village West. And just having comfortable nice everything for 2 months. Drinking coffee with my parents every morning. And spending lots of time with family and friends and playing with nephews. And carpet - I can't wait to sit on the soft (although prolly not so clean) carpet!

But there are also many things I will miss here. I'll miss eating fruit and sitting and talking with friends. I'll miss my friends and students. I'll miss the teachers. I'll miss driving my motorbike. And not having to follow traffic rules. And Indian food. (I'm going to try to cook some this summer.) I'll miss some Lao food and speaking Lao with people. And being told how wonderful my Lao is even when I only say "thank you". Spending long amounts of time just sitting and doing nothing and talking with people. I feel like in the States, we always have to be doing something, we can never just sit and be. And sitting and being is kinda nice sometimes.

When I'm in the States I miss Laos. When I'm in Laos I miss the States. But am so excited to be home soon! And to watch like 5 movies on the airplane! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're enjoying your time in the States! I feel very much the same way: when I was in Korea, I missed the States, and when I'm here, I miss Korea.

    ReplyDelete