6.03.2011

activities

Here are some photos about some recent activities happening here.
 Last weekend I stayed at my student's house. We visited the Lao zoo. Here are two students and Kai's sister by the peacock. I haven't been to a zoo in a long time; the animals are so fun to see!
 We ate at a restaurant by the river.
 Some students went down by the river in Vientiane one night. We ate dinner, walked around and took pictures by this statue.

 More time with neighborkids. Some of them love reading our books. They're written in English and Lao.
I saw my first movie in a movie theater last night. We watched Sabaidee Lao Wedding. There are two earlier movies in the sequence. I've seen the other two movies, but they don't have subtitles in English, so I understood only a little. This one had subtitles so it was a bit more enjoyable. It cost the same for 6 people to go to the movie as it costs for one person in the States. :)

As we were leaving, I left my Pepsi bottle in the pop holder on the chair. Lao people throw garbage almost anywhere. In America, the movie theater is one of the few places where it is OK to leave your garbage behind you. So I didn't think anything of leaving it there. But my student said right away, "You can't do that, you need to take it out and throw it away." Some things I just don't understand . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment