12.28.2010

Happy Christmas!

I just realized I haven't written in a while.... I'v been a little busy with Christmas parties maybe? We did have a number of Christmas parties. It was busy, but also lots of fun! :) We baked plenty of Christmas cookies. Sang many Christmas songs and played some fun games with our students. Although it would have been wonderful to be home with family celebrating Christmas, it was pretty nice celebrating here with friends. (It also probably helps knowing that my parents will be here in 2 1/2 weeks! :) )

The first year (freshman) students started last week. I have another class now of first years. The class is a little smaller, 35 maybe, so that should be nice. I have two monks in that class too. I love my monk students! I will only have them for about a month, and see them two times a week, so it's kinda a short term, but oh well.

Everyone will be welcoming the New Year with a big count down! So, we'll see what we do for New Year's, but I think there are plenty of options. Sorry this is rather uneventful, I thought I would have more exciting things to say, since I haven't written in a while.... maybe next time!

I learned from the Europeans living in Vientiane, that they say Happy Christmas instead of Merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment